Tacos are an easy go-to that (almost) everyone is happy with. My kids will eat quesadillas, not tacos. 🙁 But, that’s easy to throw on the stovetop while the adults enjoy tacos. I buy the seasoning mix at the store, but the homemade seasoning always better and doesn’t take long to throw together.
- 1-1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef. Ground turkey works, but I like my tacos with beef.
- Taco Seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 6 taco shells and 6 soft tacos
Brown meat, drain fat, add seasoning and water, simmer till absorbed.
Small bowls with:
- Thinly sliced avocado
- Sour Cream
- Shredded cheddar or Mex blend cheese
- Diced tomato
- Diced onion
- Finely chopped iceberg
- Salsa–we like ours with mango
- Black beans (canned Ortega)
- Refried beans (canned Rosarita vegetarian–not because I’m vegetarian, but because I don’t want lard in my beans)
I’m the only one in the family who will eat beans right now–picky kids and husband with sensitive tummy.
My family is fine with just the tacos with a side of chips and more avocado, cheese and salsa to go with.